Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Trying to find my groove!

And groove I shall find. For me, getting myself to work out is such a mental game. I know I can do it physically, it is just about getting there and TO DO it. I would like to say that I am not a lazy person, but in the winter it is just not the case. The thought of going outside and being cold is such a deterrent for me. I would much rather be warm and snuggly inside my house! (But, I am guessing I am not the only one like this? Right?)

------

Yesterday was spent being lazy. Since returning from a week in Sunny Mexico, I have found myself in a bit of a post-vacation blues mindset, and that has gots-to-go! 
Although I didn't make it to the gym, I did work out! I DID NOT want to leave my warm home and go to the gym, but I knew if I worked out I was going to feel better. So I flicked on the TV and perused exercise TV and too see what they had to offer. Lo and Behold good ol' Jillian Michaels popped up on my screen...


Oh Jillian and your bad choice of sports bras -- I hate to love you. I have done the majority of her workout videos before, and I actually don't mind them at all. Sometimes her "words of encouragement" can be a bit questionable, but eh to each their own. So, I popped on Level 1 of the 30 day shred and got down to business. Once I completed the shred, I turned on another workout DVD (a whole body circuit training type one) but I only made it about 15 minutes through that one because the instructor had the voice, and peppiness of an annoying cheerleader and I just couldn't bear it ANY LONGER.

Fast forward to today... I literally dragged ass to my complex gym where I spent about 40 minutes sweating it out on the elliptical. I mutli-tasked by working out and catching up on my trashy mag US Weekly; so all in all I will give myself a B grade for the day. 
I do think that when (if) the weather gets nicer, it really will be so much easier for me to get motivated to work out more. While walking with the Sig Other to the gym tonight, I said "isn't Spring in like 25 days?" His reply? "Honey, I think it is a little further away than that!" Well, boooo to that! 

source: Google Images


Oh Spring, Please hurry up! 


-A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Leave some love for Love4Living...